Problems I work with
I work with a wide range of mental health difficulties that you may be experiencing for the first time, or that may be familiar and recurrent. Below are some of the problems that I typically work with.
- Anxiety disorders
- Obsessive Compulsive Disorder
- Health anxiety
- Social anxiety
- Worry and generalised anxiety
- Phobias and agoraphobia
- Post-traumatic stress
- Low self-esteem and confidence
- Relationship and/ or family difficulties
- Bereavement and loss
- Adjustment to unexpected life events or physical illness
- Parenting concerns
- Functional neurological disorders (e.g. dissociative seizures, functional movement disorder)
- Psychiatric difficulties arising in the context of physical health or neurological disorders.
It is not unusual to be unclear about what the problem is exactly. You may just be aware of feeling something difficult or stuck. You may even feel quite disconnected or numb. You may have reached a point in your life where you are feeling confused about your direction in life or in a relationship. Whatever it may be, in your initial consultation, we can think about this together and what could be of most help to you.